Mmmm, fudge! We’re excited to discover that it’s possible to make healthy fudge that looks and tastes just as good as the original! This fudge is made with clean and nutrient-dense ingredients - it's full of heathy fats and contains zero refined sugar or dairy.
With the Vibe blender System, it’s easy and quick to make. Throw all the ingredients into the heat-proof, stainless-steel blender jug, blitz, spread, chill then slice. No baking is required and the clean-up is easy. Honestly, the hardest part is waiting an hour for the fudge to set!
This healthy fudge is rich, chocolatey, and so gratifying. It melts in your mouth and will totally satisfy your sweet tooth.
Whole food ingredients can be expensive. To keep the cost down, we used common cooking dates that are available in packets in most supermarkets. They are smaller and a lot drier than Medjool dates. Hot water helps to soften these dates, but you can rest assured the Vibe Blender has the power to reduce all the ingredients to a creamy, fudgy consistency in no time at all.
We used hazelnuts on top, but you can choose to go plain or use other nuts, seeds or dried fruit.
Best eaten directly out of the fridge or freezer.
½ cup hazelnuts or nuts, seeds dried fruit of your choice
1. Line a loaf tin with baking paper or use a non-stick silicon pan as we have.
2. Place the ingredients in the order listed into the stainless-steel blender jug.
3. Insert the Tamper tool into the lid and secure it on the jug.
4. Choose ‘nut’ mode - use the tamper to push the ingredients down into the blades while blending for approx. 50 seconds.
5. Scrape the fudge mixture into the pan. It will be thick and sticky and take a little bit of time to get out from around the blades. (it’s worth it though)
6. Press the mixture into the pan with the back of a spoon so that it is as smooth as possible.
7. Scatter chopped nuts on top and then press them in with your fingertips so that they stick.
8. Place the fudge into the freezer for 1-2 hours to set.
9. Once firm, turn the fudge slab out onto a chopping board and slice into pieces. The fudge is very rich, so small pieces are best.
10. Store the fudge in a sealed container in the freezer. At room temperature the fudge becomes soft so only take out what you need.
This fudge keeps well in the freezer for months but we doubt it will last that long!