Chocolatey buckwheat groats, chia seeds and homemade yogurt combine to make a yummy breakfast parfait that is healthy, filling and delicious. Full of protein and fibre, this special combo will leave you feeling satisfied and ready to go.
Cacao buckwheat yogurt breakfast jars are naturally gluten and nut free but can be made dairy free by choosing to add your favourite plant-based homemade yogurt instead. Click over to our yogurt basics page for all our homemade yogurt recipes in one place.
To make buckwheat breakfast jars, there’s really not much involved. The method is just like overnight oats or chia pots however, if you fancy extra crunch you can virtually eat them right away! Letting them sit overnight in the fridge makes the grouts a bit softer, chewier and creamier. The choice is yours.
FOR MORE BREAKFAST JARS BE SURE TO TRY:
Makes 2 - Double the quantity to make a larger batch.
3/4 cup activated buckwheat grouts
1 tablespoon black chia seeds
1-2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon of dried mulberries - chopped
1 teaspoon cacao nibs
¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
½ teaspoon macca powder (optional)
Pinch of salt
½ cup milk or milk alternative
1 cup of homemade yoghurt
2 teaspoons of raw honey or maple syrup (or more to taste)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Grated dark chocolate
Nuts or seeds
1. Place all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. In a jug, combine the milk, honey or maple syrup and vanilla and stir to incorporate.
3. Pour the milk into the dry ingredients and stir well.
Spoon the mixture into 2 glass jars or glasses and pack down.
4. Set aside for 30 minutes or until all the liquid has been soaked up.
5. Spoon on the yogurt and top with grated dark chocolate or topping of your choice.
6. Chill for a further 30 minutes before eating or place in the fridge overnight