Strawberry yogurt chia puddings are simple, yet oh-so-special and, just perfect for a grain-free, probiotic filled, breakfast or a healthy dessert! Best of all they require no cooking and are one of the easiest desserts you can make. Plus, they work with so many different dietary preferences. They are naturally gluten and grain-free and can be made dairy-free as well.
These chia puddings come together with a few simple natural ingredients. They’re loaded with fibre, protein and healthy fats, are low in sugar and super filling! One serve packs a hefty nutrient punch for your body and brain.
Chia Seeds, when put in liquid, puff up and turn gel-like to form a thick moussey texture. The liquid base you choose will vary based on your dietary preference. We’ve infused our chia pudding with loads of probiotic goodness from homemade yogurt to make the pots ever so creamy and nourishing. Pop over to our yogurt maker recipe blog page for a full list of dairy and plant-based homemade yogurt recipes. To get the best pudding consistency it is best to prepare the puddings the night before.
Makes 2 – multiply the ingredients for more pots.
1 cup homemade yogurt (dairy or plant-based)
½ cup milk or milk substitute (almond milk, coconut milk, whey or coconut water)
1 – 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
200 grams fresh of organic strawberries
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 teaspoon of lemon Juice
¼ cup chia seeds
1. Hull and wash strawberries.
2. Add all the ingredients (except the chia seeds) into the Vibe blender jug, secure the lid then blend on ‘smoothie’ mode for 20 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
3. Lift the jug off the base, remove the lid and pour in the chia seeds.
4. Use a spatula to stir the chia seeds through the strawberry yogurt mixture, making sure to get down under the blades.
5. Divide the mixture between two glasses.
6. Place the chia puddings in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight. The chia seeds will soak up the liquid and thicken to a pudding-like consistency.
7. Garnish with coconut, additional yogurt or berries.
5. Best enjoyed within 5 days.