Hummus has to be everyone’s favourite dip and the good news is that it’s quite simple to make. There’s nothing better than a hummus that’s been prepared with fresh chickpeas and you can even make the tahini yourself in no time using the Vibe blender.
Yield - serves 8-10 as a dip
200g dried chickpeas (or 400g tinned)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Cover the chickpeas with water and let them soak overnight.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place them in a pot with 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
3. Cook for a few minutes over medium heat and then cover with cold water.
4. Bring to the boil and then simmer until really tender, skimming off any scum that rises to the top.
5. Drain and leave to cool completely.
6. Add the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, a little salt to your taste and the juice of a lemon to the blender jug.
7. Insert the tamp into the lid and blend on smoothie mode on low/medium speed until smooth. Use the tamp to push the mixture into the blades.
8. Add the olive oil and a little bit of the water. Continue to blend, adding more water until you reach the desired consistency.
9. Adjust the seasoning to your taste and serve with Lebanese bread or fresh veggies.