It had been on my mind to develop a zucchini bread to use up some of the fresh summer zucchini I’d be given. Scrolling through Luvele’s Instagram feed, which is always full of amazing and healthy recipe ideas, I fell upon ‘Comfy Belly’s’ chocolate and zucchini bread. Why develop my own when this one looks so good!
Hiding vegetables in a chocolate cake is very clever, especially if you can’t taste it or visibly see that it’s there. Using the Vibe Blender to whip up the batter makes the zucchini completely undetectable! It’s a great way to sneak more vegetables into sweet snacks. Your family and friends will gobble it up without knowing it’s healthy.
Chocolate and zucchini bread comes together with a few paleo pantry basics. It’s sweetened with maple syrup, so it doesn’t come out too sweet. Best of all, the zucchini makes this bread incredibly moist, soft and light. It’s delicious eaten plain or with a little butter. We enjoyed ours with homemade Nutella, which was OMG, so good!
The original recipe calls for grated zucchini, however we just roughly chopped ours and let the blender do its thing. So easy, so quick.
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 ¼ cups almond flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 small zucchini chopped – approx. 100-120 grams
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F / 180°C
2. Rub oil on the bottom and sides of a small loaf pan.
3. Add all the ingredients into the Vibe Blender jug in the order listed or with wet ingredients in first.
4. Insert the Tamper into the lid and blend on ‘smoothie’ mode for around 30 seconds or until smooth.
5. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Allow the bread to cool for about an hour before slicing.
7. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.